Developer:Midwest Video Games
Based in Milwaukee,
Depends on Greenlight
Depends on Greenlight
In this "starship simulator" the player will fight their way to the center of a randomly generated galaxy where a massive star is about to go supernova and destroy all life. Can they find a way to stop it?
This game started as a hobby project to learn how to program in c++. For a long time it was just a test bed for learning various programming concepts. After a while it became clear that it could become a full game. So that is what it is now.
- A Strategic Element - Command your ship and crew in real time to survive alien attacks and dangerous phenomenon. Manage power, sacrifice crew, board enemy ships - all and much more will be required in order to survive.
- First Person Perspective - Unlike many other games in the genre, this one is about commanding a ship from a first person perspective. You can be killed by a hostile boarding party or if the ship you are aboard is destroyed.
- Smart Enemies - Each hostile ship you face is controlled by another captain and crew just like your own. They will struggle to defeat you.
- Randomized galaxy - Each play-through will feature different enemy ships, events and tough decisions. You will have to be adaptable and think on your feet to survive.
- Many Different Ships - There are over 50 different ships and spacestations from 9 different species. Each can be boarded and explored.
- Text Based Choices - There are over a hundred different text based encounters that will affect your crew, ship and resources.
- Upgradeable Ships - You have limited resources and you will have to decide what are the most important parts of your vessel to upgrade or repair.
download files as .zip (65 KB)
Icon & Logo
download file as .zip (7 KB)
Awards & Recognition
This game looks hella cool. Ill check it out when i get a chance. I hope you get a following. :)
About Midwest Video Games
Midwest Video Games is basically just Steve Boyette. He thought it sounded cool and professional to refer to himself by a company name so he just started to do it. He's not sure why he's writing this in the third person - maybe he wants people to think that he is some kind of big hotshot in the game industry. He is clearly insane.
For more information about Midwest Video Games go to the about page: here.